I’ve been spending time in Puglia, in the Manfredonia and Gargano areas this past week, delving into places I have no right to enter, and accosting strangers to share secrets and delicious aspects of life that I enjoy here in Puglia.
It’s funny, but I’ve found that since I started to get more interested in photography, I have spent much less time in front of a camera, even though I’m quite an extrovert. Now, I find myself being an extrovert in a completely different way – convincing strangers to let me have a little of their lives through my camera.
A bit of housekeeping – if you’re in a feed reader, maybe you haven’t clicked through to the site in a while. I encourage you to check it out (and give me feedback if there’s something I can improve!) Note that the header of the website will give you a nice, new image every time.
On the site, you’ll find links to:
- My Amazon Store – with lots of book, movie, and kitchen gadget recommendations
- Tour del Gelato – over 30 stops on the Tour del Gelato, you might discover a new favorite, or be inspired to visit your favorite gelateria and contribute! I have another few stops waiting in the wings!
- My Recipes – I’ve listed them, from delicious appetizers to juicy desserts!
- About – an updated About page, with some information about the site, commenting, photos, reviews, advertising and copyright information
- Other Expats in Italy blogs – even I am astounded at how many expats there are here, blogging – check out some that I read
- Some other blogs in Italian, food blogs and some sites I visit daily
I’m headed to Sicily for the week with a good base tan and an empty memory card in my camera.
Read on for some of my previous posts inspired by and about Puglia:
- Pickled Eggplant under Oil – Melanzane Sott’Olio
- Fresh Pasta with Basil, Tomatoes and Burrata
- The Farrata, A Traditional Rustico
- Pettole, My Golden Nuggets of Salvation (Fried bread at Christmastime)
- Fried Pockets of Sinful Goodness – the Panzerotto, a Pugliese treat
- Reliving the Wedding Feast: Antipasti
- Wedding Feast Revisted: I Primi, the Pastas
- Holiday food porn in Puglia
- Innovation in Italy has a Name… (The Carnevale parade in Manfredonia)
- Seeing Carnevale through the eyes of Children
- Training away for the Weekend – at the market in Manfredonia
- Grotte di Castellana
- Back in Milan, heavier and lighter (or…What does a Trullo Look Like?)