Sara from Ms. Adventures in Italy and Michelle from Bleeding Espresso (and Shelley from At Home in Rome, in spirit) solemnly declare Friday, February 5th “World Nutella Day 2010″ – a day to celebrate, to get creative with, and most importantly, to EAT Nutella.
How to Participate
Make a recipe using Nutella. Eat Nutella with a spoon. A big one. Make art with Nutella. Wax poetic about Nutella. Cuddle with Nutella. Strike a pose with Nutella. Re-live your first experience eating Nutella. Offer Nutella as a sacrifice. Have a Nutella-eating contest or a Nutella party!
- Do something, anything with Nutella. Make a recipe, take a picture of yourself eating it with a BIG spoon, make art, wax poetic, re-live your first experience eating Nutella. Have a Nutella-eating contest or even a Nutella party!
- Take pictures and/or upload a video then blog about it ON February 5th, 2010. In your blog post, include links to Ms Adventures in Italy, Bleeding Espresso, and World Nutella Day as well as the World Nutella Day 2010 badge/button (below – right mouse click, Save image…). Please try to post ON FEBRUARY 5 so that we can create a true chocolaty hazelnut wave across the blogosphere on World Nutella Day!
- Email nutelladay [at] nutelladay [dot] com with the subject “Nutella Day Entry” and include:
- Your Name
- Your Blog’s Name
- Your Blog’s URL
- Your Post URL/Permalink
- One 150×150 pixel photo
Some other ways to participate:
- On Twitter, tweet your love for Nutella and include the hashtag #nutelladay in your tweet! @NutellaDay will retweet some of the great ones!
- On Facebook, update your status to proclaim your love and link to www.nutelladay.com! And make sure you’re a fan of the World Nutella Day Facebook Page on Facebook! We’ll be posting some special content that day to the FB Fan page, too.
- A handy guide on How to Host a World Nutella Day Party at home!
We will post the round-up of all submissions on Monday, February 8, 2010, but in the meantime, please feel free to post this announcement on your blog to spread the word!
And if you want to use an organic or other type of Nutella substitute, go for it! It’s all about the chocolate and hazelnut love!
Check out the last three years of World Nutella Days for inspiration:
- World Nutella Day 2007 Part I and Part II
- World Nutella Day 2008 Part I and Part II
- World Nutella Day 2009 Part I and Part II
Be sure to also add your photos to the Nutella Day Flickr Pool and your videos to the YouTube Nutella Day Station!