Who can remember the first time they were allowed to eat chocolate for breakfast?
Nutella is more than just a “chocolaty hazelnut spread,” it is a way of life. From childhood memories to oozing hot crepes, from breakfasts on vacation, to free-spooning sessions on the couch, Nutella is present in the memories of many of the children and grown-up children in the world.
And it doesn’t have its own holiday.
We’re about to change that.
Sara from Ms. Adventures in Italy and Shelley from At Home in Rome solemnly declare February 6th “World Nutella Day” – a day to celebrate, to get creative with, and most importantly, to EAT Nutella.
How to participate:
- Make a recipe using Nutella. Eat Nutella with a spoon. A big one. Make art with Nutella. Wax poetic about Nutella. Cuddle with Nutella. Re-live your first experience eating Nutella. Offer Nutella as a sacrifice. Tell us your favorite hack involving those Nutella glasses. Have a Nutella-eating contest or a Nutella party!
- Take pictures, upload a video, and blog about it from now until February 6th, 2007.
- Email nutelladay [at] nutelladay [dot] com. with Subject: Nutella Day and include your name, your site name, and your permalink/URL by February 6th, 2007. You can also attach one 100x100pixel photo of your dish-etc. to include in the roundup. We’ll be posting the round-up on the 7th of February.
- On your blog, please include the Nutella Day participant button and have it point to this post or to www.nutelladay.com
- Tag/categorize your post with “Nutella Day.”
Don’t have a blog? Don’t let that stop you!! There are more ways to share!
- Tips: Send us your tips, usage and ways to enjoy Nutella at: tips[at] nutelladay*dot* com and we’ll post them on the Nutella Day site!
- Flickr: Add your photos to the Nutella Day Flickr pool
- YouTube: Add your Nutella-inspired video to the Nutella Day You Tube station
Some resources for Nutella ideas and recipes to get you started:
- Read about its history on Wikipedia, with BBC, or on the Nutella USA site.
- In the U.S. find a store near you that sells it with the Store Locator
- Watch a crepe with Nutella being prepared in Paris
- Nutella on Food Network or if you read Italian, check out 1000 recipes on the Nutella Italy site
- Nutella Pancakes from Slashfood
- The Nutella Supreme from Cream Puffs in Venice
- Ogle some serious food porn with The Girl Who Ate Everything’s Nutella Crepe
- Self-Frosting Cupcakes with Nutella from Baking Sheet
- Nutella Banana Muffins or Nutella Creme Brulee from Delicious Days
- A torta alla gianduia from Hungry in Hogtown
- Nutella Cookies from Alpine Berry