I want to send a big “Thank You!” to everyone I who helped me with my new project, from creating and choosing the logo, to filling out my survey, to sending me in technical questions, I really appreciate the help and feedback.
And I hope it continues.
So, here’s some more information about my new site: When I Have Time.com: Tips, Info and How-To’s to Bridge the Gap between Meek and Geek
When I Have Time is a collection of tips, tricks, and how-to’s for the continuous learner. Topics range from very technical to explanations in layman’s terms, to productivity and organization tips, to asking technical questions and getting answers.
This site is mainly about me and others helping you, though. I’m hoping you’ll either be a reader, suggest topics to me, send my articles to people who have similar questions, or even contribute as I welcome guest post contributions.
If you’re on StumbleUpon (I’m rosso99) or Twitter (@rosso) or Digg or Del.icio.us, feel free to spread the love if you like what I post!
Here are some highlights from the When I Have Time content I’ve posted so far, and yesterday I announced the start of a Guide to ebooks, electronic books which I’ll be posting in the next few days :
- How to Buy a Domain and What to Do With It
- A Guide to Copyright and Creative Commons
- Ask A Geek: Should I Consolidate My Websites?
- A Guide to Podcasts and 5 Food and Cooking Audio Podcasts for Food Lovers
- What is DNS? DNS in Plain English and What is Domain Masking?
And I have so much more content planned, it’s a wonder I’m not writing around the clock in the meantime!
These are the initial sections of the site:
- In Plain English: Technical terms and issues explained in less-technical English
- Website / Blog: How to’s for improving and managing your website or blog
- A Guide to…. Guides and primers to learn about something new
- Productivity & Free Time: Organization, time-saving tips and new hobbies for your free time
- Editorial: Commentary and insight from the When I Have Time contributors
- Ask The Geek: Submit a technical question to be answered (you can submit a question via the Contact Form!)
I welcome your feedback, your comments, your guest posts, your (constructive) criticism, and hopefully, your subscription! If you don’t feel like clicking through, just add http://feeds2.feedburner.com/WhenIHaveTime directly to your favorite RSS feed reader!
Check out When I Have Time…now!
Fern Driscoll says
Complimenti on the new site – just spent some time browsing and already you’ve given more help than I knew to ask for (specifically about ‘copyrighting’ photos, and the monthly bog checklist. Great job! Thank you.
What an awesome project! IMy goal this year is to get more tech savvy. I look forward to reading through the site…
You have won a Kreativ Blogger award! I selected you for the award. Please visit my website and download a picture of the award. Congratulations!
Shelley, At Home in Rome says
Congrats! This is very exciting!!
Ciao Sara! Love love love your new site! Thank you so very much for all the information you are sharing. It is such an admirable project! And one that this reader very much appreciates. Thank you for all the time you spend sharing information and helping those of us new to the internet / blogging worlds! I have my list of questions and topic ideas ready… Grazie mille! E buona Festa della Donna! :-)
Michelle | Bleeding Espresso says
You know I’m a fan of the new place…auguri :)
A BIG thank you! I can’t wait to check it out-I definitely need it.
Ms. Adventures in Italy says
Thank you everyone for supporting me! I hope you’ll find the site useful :)