About six months ago, a lot of you gave me very valuable feedback when I launched When I Have Time.com. The tagline for the blog is Tips, Info and How-Tos to Bridge the Gap between Meek and Geek – and that’s the aim – to share information in an accessible way for curious people who are continuously learning and sharing.
Today I’m here to tell you that I feel it’s been very successful so far and I’m so glad that I decided to launch it! My initial goal was to get away from answering these types of questions via email for a few people and open it up to whoever might have interest. (Email: select few; blog: needy masses)
I’m an organizer for the Girl Geek Dinners in Milan and we’re working hard on raising awareness and sharing information about technology and the internet among women in Italy, but you’d be surprised how many people who are already prolific on the Internet are afraid of words like router, copyright, DNS, server.
Many of the posts are driven by readers’ questions or conversations I have with people learning about technology. So if you have a question, make sure to let me know. I’ll try to answer as best I can. If you’re interested in sharing something through a guest post on When I Have Time, contact me with your idea!
Here are a few highlights in case you’re interested in seeing what kind of content is being produced on When I Have Time:
- The Quick and Dirty Guide to Getting Started with WordPress
- How to Install and Try WordPress on your Home Computer
- A Guide to Ebooks : Advantages/Disadvantages, Devices/Readers, Formats, Resources
- How I Organize my Email, Lists and Brainstorming: My Holy Trinity of Productivity
- How to Buy a Domain and What to Do With It
- A Guide to Podcasts and 5 Food and Cooking Audio Podcasts for Food Lovers
- Monthly Blog Maintenance Checklist
and from my popular “Ask the Geek” series
- Ask the Geek: How Should I Monetize my Website? Advertising And Understanding Website Conversions
- Ask the Geek: How Do I Copyright my Photos? And Should I?
- Ask The Geek : How Do I Start Building My E-Commerce Site?
And be sure and add the When I Have Time RSS feed to your blog reader! http://feeds2.feedburner.com/WhenIHaveTime or signup with your email address to receive posts via email – there are only a few per month, so you’ll have time to digest and act on what you’re reading.
Thanks to everyone for your support!