Nutella Virgin? 50 Ways to Eat Nutella and Nutella Lover Types

February 4th, 2009 · Tags: Blog Event · Nutella Day

New!! Learn the history and stories behind Nutella, get ideas for how to eat it, and access to some of our favorite Nutella recipes including: Flourless Nutella Chocolate Cake, Devil’s Food Cupcakes Filled with Nutella, Nutella Nut Clusters, Hazelnut Macarons with Nutella and Spicy Nut Centers and more in the Unofficial Guide to Nutella! Now available on Amazon!

I’ve seen quite a few people come to this blog by searching for “nutella virgin” for some reason, and then I thought as part of my duty as your World Nutella Day co-host, a Nutella primer is necessary for those of you who haven’t eaten it before, and just in time for  World Nutella Day tomorrow! Make sure you visit the other World Nutella co-host Michelle today with her Top 10 Signs You’re Addicted to Nutella. And come back tomorrow for World Nutella Day!

Nutella is best served at room temperature, and a bit warmer if it’s a cold winter because you want it to spread easily. With the glass containers, you can take the top off and nuke it in the microwave for a few seconds if you really want to speed up the spreading process.

After a lengthy and empirical study out in the field, I’ve identified the main archetypes of what is A Nutella Lover. And they usually fall into one of these categories:

• The Spooner. This person uses a spoon, which not only is the most ergonomic utensil available, it’s also the most efficient in terms of excavating volume from the Nutella jar. This Nutella lover usually believes in a direct-to-mouth approach for the excavation.
  • The Naturalist (aka using one’s Finger). Not only does this person not want anything between him and his Nutella, he truly believes eating it off the end of his finger brings him closer to Nutella-godliness. (Editor’s note: clean hand recommended.)
  • The Lover Lover. Different from the Naturalist, this Nutella lover spreads Nutella onto body parts that are not his/her own.
  • The Dipper / Dunker. This person avoids using pre-approved utensils to reach their Nutella for as long as possible, instead using pretzel sticks, breadsticks, and even fruit to dip, dip, dip away the Nutella through the jar opening until it becomes impossible to continue and they must change tactics.
  • The Spreader. The weapon of choice is usually a knife, and the care which this person uses in spreading Nutella is tantamount to a religious experience, carefully covering all surface area and corners with creamy Nutella. Thickly or thinly spread? That’s their prerogative. Be sure not to interrupt them during the procedure as harm may befall you.
  • The Stacker. This person stacks as much Nutella as possible onto the surface level available, trying to achieve as much height possible in proportion to the horizontal area of their chosen Nutella sidekick. The accompaniment is merely an afterthought and it’s Nutella which takes the main stage, though the cracker/bread/cookie is usually chosen for its strength and structural integrity at being able to bear a large load of Nutella.
  • The Sandwicher (paninaiolo). Using a baguette or some simple white bread, this person prefers to lovingly surround Nutella with carbohydrates before surrendering to temptation, in the hopes the carbs will slow down further consumption of said elixir.
  • The Chef (aka In Denial). This person has a high degree of self-imposed control and prefers not to eat Nutella in its natural form, but cooked or baked into other dishes. Not because they don’t like the taste of Nutella on its own, but because they like it too much and are afraid of themselves in the Spooner or Naturalist forms.

Which Nutella Lover are you?

Now are you ready to break the seal? Now that you know how to eat it, here’s what you can eat it with! Check our Nutella Day Recipes page for some more inspiration and we look forward to your contributions tomorrow for World Nutella Day!

5o Ways to Eat Nutella :

1. with a spoon.
  2. between two slices of white bread.
  3. spread onto a crusty baguette.
  4. in a crepe.
  5. in a crostata.
  6. in brioche/cornetti/croissant.
  7. in a donut.
  8. on top of gelato.
  9. dip a banana into it.
  10. spread onto cookies or wafers.
  11. between two pizzelles.
  12. in an ice cream cone.
  13. on sweet ravioli.
  14. in a hamburger or hotdog bun.
  15. on a bagel.
  16. on a muffin.
  17. on top of a waffle.
  18. in a pita.
  19. on poundcake.
  20. twisted in challah.
  21. on strawberries.
  22. on sliced pear.
  23. stuffed in a cored apple.
  24. spread on celery sticks.
  25. stuffed in French toast.
  26. swirled into brownies.
  27. swirled into or topped onto cheesecake.
  28. dosed into your morning coffee.
  29. frozen into an icy granita.
  30. mixed with rice krispies.
  31. topped on a cupcake.
  32. injected into a cupcake.
  33. between layers of a cake.
  34. as frosting for a cake.
  35. as a twist on tiramisu.
  36. mixed with your favorite cream alcohol.
  37. mixed into a chocolaty martini.
  38. between layers of trifle.
  39. mixed in your favorite pudding.
  40. melted into hot chocolate.
  41. in creme brulee forms.
  42. in filled profiteroles.
  43. in tuiles.
  44. in babka.
  45. in tiny filo cups.
  46. on a sweet pizza.
  47. sandwiched between layers of pandoro or panettone.
  48. with peanut butter in a poor man’s peanut butter cup.
  49. in a N&J – Nutella & Jelly sandwich.
  50. with marshmallow fluff in a FlufferNutterNutella.

Did I leave any out? What about you? What kind of Nutella Lover are you?

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso // Feb 4, 2009 at 9:18 am

Oh my goodness, is it possible that I’m all the types of Nutella lover? I like to mix things up you know….

The PurpleFoodie // Feb 4, 2009 at 10:13 am

Oh this is just brilliant! *slurp*slurp*

joanne at frutto della passione // Feb 4, 2009 at 10:14 am

My son spreads it on pancakes!

Andrea // Feb 4, 2009 at 11:09 am

My favorite way to eat it is with a spoon, though I do like it spread on top of rice crispy treats and in crepes with bananas.

nyc/caribbean ragazza // Feb 4, 2009 at 12:45 pm

all the above my friend.

Georgette Bradley // Feb 4, 2009 at 4:43 pm

Definitely w/ a spoon. I have a continuous jar open in front of me at work. I’m sure my co workers think I’m nuts.

Mark // Feb 4, 2009 at 3:49 pm

I’ve never hear of it until this blog. Checking it out online, it appears to be a chocolate and hazelnut “peanutbutter” kind of thing. I’m not big on hazelnuts but it might be interesting to get some and see what its like.

anne // Feb 4, 2009 at 8:37 pm

I love Nutella, not between white bread, but just on a really fresh slice of white bread, both of which I don’t eat regularly , but when I do, it tastes great :-)

Dad's of San Diego // Feb 5, 2009 at 2:02 am

where does Sante fit in?

City Girl // Feb 5, 2009 at 2:49 am

You left out my favorite – Nutella with a side of vanilla ice cream. I just posted it on my blog for tomorrow’s wave of chocolate hazelnutty yumminess. :)

familyforest // Feb 5, 2009 at 8:30 am

Had not heard of Nutella since my days in England at the University of Surrey, when I started my dancing day with it on toast or a scone and a hot cup of coffee!~
    Did I mention the devonshire cream????

Yum! Yum!

Aloha from Hawaii….

familyforest // Feb 5, 2009 at 8:32 am

Did I mention the devonshire cream????

Yum! Yum!

Aloha from Hawaii….

Deb R // Feb 5, 2009 at 1:32 pm

Either on a croissant, bagel, or just with a spoon. Or wait, even on ice cream!

Stephanie // Feb 5, 2009 at 4:33 pm

I’m a spooner. I hardly ever put it on anything and end up eating whole containers all straight from the jar.

Longpig // Feb 5, 2009 at 4:44 pm

It’s great baked into Pilsbury crescent rolls… with or without raspberry jam. Mmm…

satchel, lover of nutella // Feb 6, 2009 at 1:29 am

it wasnt an option, but i prefer eating my nutella off a knife, not a spoon. and straight is how i usually eat my nutella, but ill eat it with anything that could add to the experience. a list cant be made of this wonderful creation’s accompaniments. there are infinite combinations of nutella and what you can eat it with. the strangest food ive topped nutella with is probably italian sausage, but i havent been keeping track.

Alicia // Feb 6, 2009 at 2:20 am

I had no idea it was World Nutella Day until about 5 minutes ago when I ran across your blog via David Lebovitz’s and I can’t believe it. I always thought I was alone in my Nutella addiction. :) How great. My favorite nutella vehicle is sour green apples and nutella on a spoon. Use the nutella as dip till you run out of apples and then lick the spoon. Yum.

mrs lavendula // Feb 6, 2009 at 3:17 am

i didnt know there was a day dedicated to one of my favorite spread! yes you guessed it, im either a spreader or a sandwhicher!
    thanx for the great pictures!

aubrey // Feb 6, 2009 at 6:39 am

Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it: Nutella & Jerkey
    Sweet & Salty Nutella Paradise!

eva // Feb 6, 2009 at 10:01 pm

personally, i believe any other way of eating nutella besides with a spoon or a finger and prehaps from another’s body is a sin against The Substance. i mean, show some respest to The Substance! to ruin it by adding lesser tastes like bread and fruit!

i like it from the fridge. it’s cold and firm on the inside and melts wonderfully once inside my mouth.

i am dreaming of ferrero making a nutella-filled chocolate, perhaps a nice 55% of cocoa solids in the shell, filled with real nutella…

Katie // Feb 7, 2009 at 11:47 am

I’m a Nutella Chef and it really is because I’m frightened what may happen if I get my fingers in the jar!

Katie xox

Annie // Feb 7, 2009 at 11:20 pm

#3 is my absolute favorite way to eat nutella! Oh the joy! Thank you for a delightful post about one of my favorite foods. :)

Ms. Adventures in Italy // Feb 10, 2009 at 9:30 pm

I love the suggestions in the comments – maybe next year I’ll have to get up to 100 or even 1000?

mark, nutellicious! // Feb 10, 2009 at 9:31 pm

I was used to eating it with bread and then dip the knife again by itself in the jar to get a bit extra.
    now i stopped using the bread but i still like the knife!
    on the edge a bit..but carefull always. hehe

anna l'americana // Feb 12, 2009 at 1:00 pm

Cracks me up that the official Nutella, USA site can only come up with 9 ways to eat it!!!!!!

cam // Feb 16, 2009 at 5:45 pm

Graham cracker (using the dipper/dunker technique), esp. the oatmeal graham crackers.

Ziho // Mar 5, 2009 at 6:46 pm

I love Nutella.

I spread it on my Zebra Cake!

Hannah xoxo // May 9, 2009 at 10:58 am

where can I get white nutella from! It is addictive but I cannot get it anywhere?! x

Imee // Jul 5, 2009 at 4:10 pm

I eat a flavor of ice cream called Hazelnut Brownie (Selecta brand in the Philippines) along with Nutella!

Amy // Jul 20, 2009 at 1:22 pm

The absolute BEST way to eat nutella ( to my mothers displeasure of course =D)
    take 2 chocolate ripple biscuits and slather one with nutella- the more the better- and the other with whipped cream.
    now place together and enjoy…
    MmmmMmmm *drool* =D

Karin // Jul 27, 2009 at 8:45 pm

I put nutella on one half of a slightly-toasted English muffin and creme cheese on the other half. Put them together like a sandwich and enjoy! The German and Swiss have the best Nutella–the US version has too much sugar for my liking.

Grace // Oct 4, 2009 at 1:15 pm

with a lollipop

Kirsten // Oct 20, 2009 at 4:04 am

These are alot of weird ideas but personally I like nutella on toast :) im thinking of combining it with whip cream and something else I find yummy in the kitchen!
    Nya~

sabina // Oct 31, 2009 at 2:16 am

i have finished entire jars of nutella like people eat tubs of yogurt. i know, im good.

Sueso // Nov 4, 2009 at 8:13 am

Oh my..it takes me back to my childhood when Mama would spread frosting on graham crackers…so that’s how I like it best!

justin // Nov 8, 2009 at 4:54 am

A recipe for the best oatmeal in the world:
    Quantities specified serve 1, multiply by integer coefficients as necessary. Cook time remains constant.
    3/4 c. oatmeal (not instant!)
    1/4 c. spiced apple cider
    5/4 c. H2O
    1 “handful” of pecans and almonds
    1 “shake” of an equal mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, ginger
    1 tbsp. Nutella.

Combine all solid ingredients (except Nutella) in bowl while bringing liquids to a boil. Add solid ingredients to boiling diluted cider solution, return to boiling then immediately reduce to medium heat. Add Nutella, stir frequently. From this point, cook for 7-10 minutes to desired consistency.

Lizzy // Nov 9, 2009 at 4:13 am

Mmmm on waffles !

little-miss // Nov 29, 2009 at 6:13 am

justin: just a tbsp on Nutella?!?! …. awe man, i would totally put like a whole cup on that :P its so good. haha.

Meldanga // Nov 30, 2009 at 2:15 pm

I just found nutella this weekend, I immediately went to the pretzel dip, yummers!

Dewdrop // Dec 22, 2009 at 4:01 pm

I’m a spooner for sure.. -unless I get too eager and go natural-
    I cook with it whenever I can, tho oftenly takes me a little too long and I reach for a spoon instead :P

Best Nutella food ever?
    This italian candy with, wait for it,

Nutella filled figs, dipped in chocolate. Chills.

Michael // Jan 8, 2010 at 10:21 pm

I LOVE nutella like this:

spread a thick layer of nutella on toast and get a banana and put it right in the middle of the toast (whole) and fold like a taco. then spread some nutella on top of the banana and some skippy peanut butter!! chunky!!! or creamy. SOOOO good!!

Kaitlyn // Jan 19, 2010 at 4:53 pm

dipping pretzels and eating it with apples and just eating it from the jar. I just tried Nutella this past weekend and im officially addicted to it

Deanne // Jan 27, 2010 at 3:38 am

mixed with Ricotta and eaten with a spoon (then licked from the bowl, until the bowl is CLEAN)

micheal // Jan 30, 2010 at 3:17 pm

The tastiest way to eat this awesome Nutella is to mix in into a fresh snowball, then hurl the snowball at someone’s face, hopefully a clean face, then lick off the cheeks, the ears, and especially the nose since you victim’s tongue can’t reach those parts.

Union Glashutte Watches // Feb 1, 2010 at 2:11 am

Ahhh– am I the only weird one here? I tried Nutella back in high school and I didn’t care for it at all! It tasted really chalky to me… I was hoping for a chocolate fudge taste and definitely didn’t get one. Maybe it had expired– does it expire?
    -Sylvia

sami // Feb 3, 2010 at 9:36 am

WOW! i love NUTELLA SMORE”S they are very very very good, but most of the time i just eat it with a butter knife straight outta the jar, and i tried it on a few other things and thought it was ok but the grossest thing i ever tried it on was probably a banana not a good flavor! ick…..there should be a white chocolate nutella OMFG! im a genious…maybe there is one but o well..!

Emma - The Thickly Spreader! // Feb 4, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Nutella in vanilla ice cream! It’s awesome! :)

llama // Feb 4, 2010 at 8:41 pm

dip Peachy O’s in it! works best with a few friends all sharing a jar :)
    the candy may be a bit weird but when dipped in nutella it is simply delicious, I swear!

EPL403 // Feb 5, 2010 at 7:41 pm

Hey guys, look at this, a little video to celebrate nutella day !

Brittany // Feb 27, 2010 at 9:48 pm

I like to spread my nutella on graham crackers, make a sandwich, and then lick my knife when Im done :) most often, this is accompanied by some strawberry milk, and eaten like any other cookie. Dipped in milk until slightly soft. mmmm….

Kami // Mar 1, 2010 at 4:05 am

I’m definitely the spreader–but oh the things I can spread it on! The crazy thing is, I had NEVER heard of Nutella prior to 1999 when I moved to a TINY FARMING VILLAGE near Spangdahlem (close to Trier) GERMANY! In Europe, Nutella is a breakfast staple much like jams and jellies! The restaurants and coffee shops around here (at least in the southern U.S.) have NO IDEA what they/their customers are missing out on by failing to provide Nutella as much as they provide ketchup and sugar!

Rockhard10 // Apr 10, 2010 at 10:32 pm

I like it on fish. Especially smoked and salted herring…Ohhh Yummm!

Shawn // Apr 12, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Just last night, I had mixed one layer of Peanut Butter and then Nutella on top of that..Ohhhhh man. What a treat that was! Also on top of cold cold ice cream…which will cause it to harden like a gooey shell of some sort. Very good. I just heard about Nutella recently and it was “love at first bite” ;)

jock // Apr 20, 2010 at 6:09 pm

learned about Nutella from a french nephew, who put it about one centimeter thick on his bread, then told me what it was. brought several jars home with me to Texas. when that ran out, tried the USA/Canada version. it is horrible. now when i go to Brussels, or when friends or relatives visit here from Brussels, i remind them there is no u.s. customs limit on the number of jars that can be brought into the USA in their luggage. and it is good after the “use by” date. they take American peanut butter back to Brussels. i usually eat it on french or whole grain bread, but have been known to use a spoon. all my nephews and nieces in Europe swear they can tell the difference between the Nutella from France, Italy, Germany, and all the other countries.

Zenny // May 2, 2010 at 9:47 pm

I admit I’m a Spooner, Stacker and Spreader. xD But mostly a Spooner. However, one of my favourite ways to eat Nutella is by spreading a thick layer of it over McVitie’s Digestives. It is pure bliss. =’D

becky // May 18, 2010 at 12:14 am

we’ll im atually eating it now, im eating it with a spoon thats the only way i’ll ever eat it :)

Afton // Jun 14, 2010 at 5:48 am

mmm.. i love nutella on white bread and ANY kind of fruit. i mostly eat my nutella on fruit:) its even good on pickles.

Kellyn // Jun 18, 2010 at 3:38 am

I put banana in a spoon then cover it with Nutella, then freeze. YUM!

Sugah // Jul 11, 2010 at 6:39 am

I discovered Nutella not until in my 20s. I vacillate between being a straight-out-of-jar eater, or making a Fluffernutter on good, thick soft whole-wheat bread with Nutella (and sometimes a dash of peanut butter in between), and yes, filling a mug with Edy’s Vanilla Ice Cream with little swabs of Nutella interspersed between the ice cream spoonfuls — it hardens a bit and has the texture and taste of good ice cream parlor hot fudge cooling down. Nutella makes my eyes roll back in my head! thank you for this great blog. :)

Alyssa // Jul 26, 2010 at 10:39 pm

On top of a Sunny Doodle Cake-Nutoodle

Alora // Aug 1, 2010 at 12:04 pm

I spread mine on grahm crackers, and pile on roasted marshmellows, bananas, and frozen yogurt for a twisted smore treat. yum!(:

Jennifer // Aug 4, 2010 at 1:35 am

I LOVE NUTELLA! Seriously is this what it feels like to have an addiction? I just discovered Nutella at a restaurant in NYC. They stuffed french toast with it and then served it with a banana bourbon sauce and fresh whipped cream! I’m actually salivating just thinking about it. My do it yourself favorite is Nutella, spread thinly on deli slices (bread), sliced banana and sprinkled with almonds, cranberry and raisins!

Jenny // Aug 5, 2010 at 3:24 am

I love nutella! You should add walnuts to the list! Seriously, walnuts dunked in nutella tastes like heaven!

Jordan // Sep 16, 2010 at 9:00 am

in between a pb&j is unholy

Graham Cracker // Oct 13, 2010 at 5:11 am

Nutella on a Graham Cracker – amazing!!!!!
    Definitely a spooner at heart. A spoon of nutella and green tea – complete bliss.

Sawyer // Oct 16, 2010 at 6:48 pm

u people gotta try nutella w/ rasberries sandwiched on a bun! it is da bomb.

Jennifer // Oct 20, 2010 at 6:57 pm

I’m in my 30s and tried Nutella for the first time last week. I’m addicted! I’ve been missing out!

katie // Oct 21, 2010 at 12:17 am

my favorite is putting nutella on a flour tortilla then heating it up for lieke 20 seconds in the microwave:)

Alexandra // Oct 22, 2010 at 1:09 am

Best recipe ever!!

Take 2 slices of plain vanilla pound cake,
    Slather one side of one slice with nutella (as much as you desire) and on top of the nutella place sliced strawberries, and put other slice of poundcake on top. Place in panini maker, and finally dust with confectioners sugar :)

Yummmmmmm. Hope you like it as much as I did.
    Xoxo

gelyn // Nov 4, 2010 at 1:32 pm

I am definitely a Spreader :D

Shelby // Nov 19, 2010 at 2:02 am

Just tried it on a Rice Krispies Treat… LOVE. i am begging my sister to get me more krispies on her way home!

what eat // Dec 7, 2010 at 4:29 am

Hi all, i love this post , in fact i have nutella as one of my favorite flavors…thanks a learn a lot

Jim // Dec 12, 2010 at 10:03 pm

After passing by Nutella in various supermarkets for years, I finally bit the bullet and got a jar in today’s grocery order. Tried it for the first time just ten minutes ago, and… o…m…f…g…, hehe. Only question is, do I leave it in the fridge (semi-hard and yummy, a candy bar on a spoon) or put it in the cupboard (easier to spread and try some of the delicious suggestions here). Decisions, decisions! :)

Tate // Dec 13, 2010 at 7:05 am

On pretzels (particularly the stick kind because they can get further into the jar), on toast, as a jelly replacement for sandwiches, as a peanut butter replacement for sandwiches, on pancakes, on waffles, on biscuits, on cookies, with plain oatmeal, , on a spoon, on a fork, on a finger, on a knife, and pretty much everywhere else!

Nancy // Dec 23, 2010 at 5:09 pm

how about with marshmallow fluff between two pieces of white bread? That is a fave treat here!

Neha // Jan 5, 2011 at 11:55 am

mmmm…didnt know every1 loved nutella so much as I do… Finally we have an alternative to chocolates ! I just dip a butter knife in the jar and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!!!

Craig/ Sam // Jan 13, 2011 at 3:30 am

on churches chicken stips i know it sounds gross but it is actually amazing if you really like nutella the way i do. we first tried it in france at a restraunt with crepes and bananas and fell in love with it haha. but its also really good if you put it on a granola bar.

Rebecca // Jan 15, 2011 at 1:51 am

Hey there,

I’m a casting producer for TLC’s “Freaky Eaters” and this season we’re looking for ADULTS OBSESSED WITH NUTELLA! For more info or to recommend someone for the show, send an email to pickyeaterscasting@gmail.com with your name, age, number, and brief description of your eating habits.

Hope to hear from you soon!
    Rebecca

Jeni // Jan 26, 2011 at 2:14 am

I mix two tablespoons of Nutella into one cup of plain Greek Yogurt. It is sweet and tangy.

Karen // Feb 1, 2011 at 6:44 pm

My daughter convinced me to buy Nutella so she could try. I was skeptical at first. But now I keep a jar at home and at work. I love it. I ususally put it on a slice of whole wheat bread and fold it over. It’s a quick breakfast like that when I’m rushing out the door. I will definatley have to try some of these other ideas. They sound awesome.

Jay // Feb 2, 2011 at 2:14 am

O M G these are all genius.. im about to try it with waffles since thats all i have at home at the moment lol..

& how do you make a granita? not sure what a granita is but frozen nutella sounds gooood.. like a nutella popsicle or something x] but should i just stick that in the freezer? or do i have to melt the nutella first? hmm ill go experiment..

Angie // Feb 5, 2011 at 12:56 am

directly from the jar, with a spoon and a nice glass of cold milk….yummy

Nutella Lover // Feb 10, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Nutella and sliced banana sandwich.

Nutella and Marshmellow Fluff spread over pancakes or crepes.

Both require a glass of milk, with the jar of Nutella left on the table for any extra needed :)

Maria Cottone // Feb 12, 2011 at 5:20 am

I’m a spooner, why on earth would anyone want to masquerade the taste of Nutella. Eating it alone with a spoon is the only way you can get the true scrumptious, delightful, mouthwatering, delicious taste of Nutella.
    Or if you must, on an Italian Panino, but then again, you must really overload your panino with Nutella, or you will not get the full taste Nutella, the taste will be shared with the Panino, Oh forget it, I love Nutella, way too much to put it on anything, spooning is the best way for me. :)))) I love you Nutella !

Maria

Linda // Feb 18, 2011 at 9:02 am

I don’t know which is my favorite way to eat it. I just wanted to see what kind of pretty quilt square I was going to get >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Gail // Feb 18, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Hello Nutella lovers!

I have a quick favor to ask you. I am a business school student and for my marketing class this semester I am doing a project on Nutella. Part of the project requires that I get information from Nutella consumers, so I put together a web survey to do just that.

If any of you have 15 minutes (and are U.S. residents) could you fill out this survey for me? I would be eternally grateful to get your thoughts on the product!

Thank you!

Kaylynn // Mar 11, 2011 at 6:51 am

Dip gummy worms in it. Yum!

nicole // Mar 18, 2011 at 1:51 am

As a dip for:

–Pringles STIX (honey butter flavor)
    –Piroulines
    –Raisin Bagel Chips
    –’Nilla Wafers or Teddy Grahams

Also, it’s a good filling for “Ants on a Log” (3″ stalks of celery usually filled with peanut butter and topped with raisins or dried cherries)

Also, it’s yummy folded into Cool Whip which is then poured into a graham cracker crust then frozen

Also, it’s a nice topping for a saltine or a Ritz cracker when drizzled with caramel ice cream topping

Also, it’s pretty good spread on a tortilla then covered with cherry preserves and rolled up like a taquita…after each bite, dip the end in a cinnamon-sugar mixture :)

Ann // Mar 23, 2011 at 2:12 am

I like to dip popcorn in my nutella :P

kerry // Apr 6, 2011 at 4:14 pm

on ritz crackerssssss

Erin // Apr 10, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Oh, nutella. I’ve only recently tried it, and introduced all my friends to it, and they love it! though I do wonder if those european versions ARE better than the american. I guess I’ll have to find out someday! anyways, I’m a finger dipper, but I like to spread mine on waffles in the morning, or spread them on ritz for a sweet and salty snack. sooo good!!

Lindsey // May 3, 2011 at 1:49 pm

for a pregnant woman?
    Perhaps on a pickle…

Kendall // May 8, 2011 at 10:21 pm

I dip Cinnamon Toat Crunch in Nutella and its AMAZING!!! its so sugary and sweet

Sara // May 26, 2011 at 6:06 am

on pieces of a Hershey bar. yummm

DJ Merrifield // Jun 6, 2011 at 9:55 pm

On rice cakes with bananas.

Pauline // Jun 7, 2011 at 8:33 pm

mmmm looks so good……. im a spreader but i love to mix nutella with ice cream or fill a baguette with it.

Pauline // Jun 7, 2011 at 8:37 pm

oh, and i just read the top posts. i never knew that there were different types of nutella ( european vs american)..
    i’ve been eating nutella ever since i was 3 years old, its kind of like my religion so i want to try them all XD

pureglow16 // Jun 15, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Hey guys!
    You can make Nutella all by yourself now!
    The real nutella is not as healthy as you may think…
    but this version is even better!

Kendall // Jun 15, 2011 at 9:53 pm

chips ahoy choclate chips(chewy) are excellent with nutella. U heat up the cookies in the microwave fro 20 seconds and then spread nutella on them.

jaion // Jun 28, 2011 at 12:23 am

A lot of people don’t know this but nutella is made by the same people who make fererro rocher choclate and when you put them both together you cant sop eating it

jaion // Jun 28, 2011 at 12:24 am

i also like it on both hot and cold honey buns

Eileen // Jul 8, 2011 at 12:13 am

I looove Nutella <3 But especially a N&J Sandwich, by a spoon, on crepes, and inbetween two oreos is THE best!!

Jacob // Jul 10, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I love eating nutella raw. Its better than cupcake frosting.

BigSyd // Aug 3, 2011 at 1:44 am

I was actually going to go and get some ice cream when I came across this website. Instead I took a spoon to a container of nutella and I was satisfied :)

Also I tastes really good on Aparle-G. It’s this sweet indian buscuit that I like, dip it in nutella and you’ve gone to heaven

Fish // Aug 8, 2011 at 9:13 pm

I love it on bread, it is so good!

After the Nutella jar is empty it can be used as a cup.

Amber // Aug 20, 2011 at 11:14 pm

You can get nutella at Wal-Mart or World Market <3 I just bought a huge container at world market. When I went to Italy, they had it in packages the way we have jam or butter in the little plastic containers. I brought a million of those home, I swear. Love it! I'm going to work it into my brownies tonight.

Jamie // Aug 26, 2011 at 2:37 am

My 3 favorite ways to eat nutella (besides off the spoon/knife)

1. Pineapple & nutella. Sounds odd, but tastes amazing. Take a spoonful of nutella, dip a pineapple chunk in nutella (careful, it doesn’t like to stick). For extra delightfulness, sprinkle powdered sugar on. WOW!!!

2. Nutella Bagel. Take a regular bagel, toast for 3-4 minutes, spread butter on & allow to melt, then spread nutella on.

3. Fruit Crepes. Go to town on this one. My usual: crepe rolls, nutella spread on, place fruit on (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries for me), roll up, add cool whip or powdered sugar. serve warm (microwave for 7 seconds). Easy and delicious. I thought up all of these & now my family & girlfriend are always asking me about it.

Natalia F. // Aug 26, 2011 at 3:43 am

You forgot between graham crackers!! yumm :))

Ernie // Sep 9, 2011 at 9:39 pm

1 . Nutella Flan just take one egg out and replace with 3 big spoons of the Holly Goodness of Nutella
    2 . Put the jar in the fridge and it will get a bit stiff is better for spooning lol
    3 . And if you are on the low carb diet and you can’t stand the low carb bread the doesn’t toast put some Nutella on it, it will help to get it down

James // Sep 29, 2011 at 3:09 am

Toast two eggo waffles.
    Spread Nutella on one side of each waffle.
    Slice some banana slices on one side, and put whipped cream on the other.
    Put together and enjoy your delicious Nutella sandwhich.

Ericka // Oct 7, 2011 at 4:37 am

it goes great with mini pretzels!

Sharon // Oct 17, 2011 at 12:48 am

It is great on the new Newton Thin cookies, my favorite is the blueberry with nutella……yummy

Amanda // Oct 18, 2011 at 9:00 pm

I absolutely love dipping frosted mini wheats in nutella. It is so amazing! And of course, I also like just eating it by itself with a spoon :)

wilson // Oct 22, 2011 at 11:41 pm

on a graham cracker

Cat // Oct 25, 2011 at 3:41 am

I used to make sandwiches with nutella with milano cookies in between, sometimes double stacked.

Trent // Nov 21, 2011 at 8:35 am

I eat my nutella between two crackers,it tastes great!

kersheana taylor // Dec 13, 2011 at 8:26 pm

the stackeerrr<333 nutella is AMAZINGG!!!!

Stu Borken // Jan 7, 2012 at 2:56 am

Nutella spread onto a crepe then ripe bananas sliced over it and then fold it into forths and eat it….like a little piece of heaven.

belle // Jan 7, 2012 at 5:03 am

NUTELLA IS AMAZING. i like it with apples!

millie // Jan 8, 2012 at 6:50 am

Dip Tortilla chips into Nuetella, the sweetness of the Nuetella goes great with the saltiness of the Tortilla chips.. yumm

toti // Jan 13, 2012 at 6:54 am

i luv it on one of those muffins from my nearest mexican bakery. so good.

Cloud // Jan 29, 2012 at 4:34 pm

I <3 NUTELLA!!!!!

Cindy // Feb 7, 2012 at 6:26 am

Between 2 Newton Thins – chocolate raspberry cookies (or 4 or 6!). Amazing!

Adrienne // Feb 24, 2012 at 1:55 am

The best things I’ve tried:
    1. Nutella and strawberry sandwich
    2. on a honey crisp apple
    3. on waffles with raspberries and maple syrup
    4. on Townhouse crackers (just enough saltiness)

Erls // Mar 19, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Absolutely gorgeous on freshly baked banana bread. Or you can buy the banana bread, spread the Nutella and whiz it for about ten seconds in the microwave and perfection!

NutellaFreak // Mar 28, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Injected by needle *twitch*

Tosha // Apr 11, 2012 at 10:12 am

Omg decided to try the sample of it in the check out.it’s freaking awesome.finally realized where I have tasted it before.it’s the same as the ferro hazelnut candy. Love it on my finger and dipping a peanut butter cracker sandwich in it! Yum can’t wait to try more

bob // Apr 15, 2012 at 3:06 pm

I like to put into a sandwich with a hamburger
    Sweet and meat :)

Britt // Apr 20, 2012 at 4:34 am

With grapes :D

Jimmy // Jun 10, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Nutella, Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich.
    Toasted on White bread.
    Yummy Yummy

Adriana // Jun 11, 2012 at 6:40 pm

I’m about to try this now… I’m making my nutella hard in the refrigerator, and when it’s hard I cut it into tiny pieces and mix it on my pancake mix. And I have the nutella pancakes.

Dutchie // Jun 15, 2012 at 6:47 pm

I can just smell the Nutella by reading these comments, really, and I haven’t seen let alone had any since over 25 years. The human mind is just astounding isn’t it?

Cheryl Norman // Jun 23, 2012 at 7:32 pm

When I underwent chemotherapy, one of my doctors recommended Nutella on whole grain toast to keep up my energy. My favorite way to enjoy Nutella, though, was on vanilla ice cream!

shaye // Jul 15, 2012 at 4:41 am

I’ve eaten Nutella on the craziest stuff. It’s really good putting it in the fridge. It’s delicious when you dip kettle corn or regular potato chips in it. Yum.

bob // Jul 31, 2012 at 9:18 pm

on toast

Gabbie // Aug 12, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Tried nutella for the first time last night. I’m so screwed lol

charity // Sep 10, 2012 at 2:31 am

On pretzel crisps..nom nom nom :)

Curtis // Sep 25, 2012 at 3:40 pm

I agree the spoon is the preferred method as it takes no additional prep time. However, you missed the 2nd best way and that is with homemade ice cream and Nutella added while the ice cream is still churning. Then, you can top it off with a little Nutella on top for good measure. Yumm, gotta get me some now.

misty // Oct 3, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Banana chips dipped into Nutella–Mmmm

Starkiller // Oct 7, 2012 at 6:49 am

So good with a Banana. I don’t have any other creative methods I’m a noob. First jar of Nutella ever, I don’t really like it on bread tho. I tried it with PB and just about barfed. Might be good with a Croissant?
    Do Ferrero Roche have Nutella in the middle? Tastes exactly the same to me. It was the first thing I thought of when I had my first finger dip.

Ginaa // Oct 28, 2012 at 11:48 pm

Definatly a naturalist(:

Destiny // Nov 12, 2012 at 6:09 pm

on a kit-kat

Stuart B. // Nov 13, 2012 at 12:01 am

I love Nutella, but, being lactose intol. if I enjoy it I expect people to say “kadish” for me 4-6 hours later….I found Askinosie Chocolate Hazelnut Spread. NO milk product and I can enjoy it like I used to enjoy Nutella, it’s made with hazelnuts, obviously. I have no connection with the company, I just like to enjoy good food, and this is one. sb

Lindsey // Nov 16, 2012 at 7:03 am

Nutella & banana sandwich on fresh wheat bread! That’s my favorite!!!

Mia Mixx // Dec 5, 2012 at 6:21 am

Nutella taste exactly like the candy TOFFIFAY! Unbelievable similarity!

Brenna // Apr 5, 2013 at 10:23 am

How do you feel about JIF’s new version of Nutella?

Ms. Adventures in Italy // Apr 5, 2013 at 6:20 pm

@Brenna – I haven’t tasted it, and I used to be a fan of JIF growing up, but I am a little skeptical. I’ll have to seek it out on my next trip to the US. Have you tried it?

Brenna // Apr 6, 2013 at 1:47 am

I have, they make 2 flavors & the one i tried was mocha cappocino, (i think the other is mocha) but it still has the hazelnut in it. The jif product is a lot thicker, not as creamy… I prefer Nutella, but the Jif is a little cheaper.

Yvonne // May 26, 2013 at 3:10 pm

I mix Nutella with plain white yoghurt – divine!

Nutella // May 27, 2013 at 3:16 am

I am a nutella DJ I use all of the forms above except for the lover lover form. We believe that nutella is God’s spread

Kylee // Jul 22, 2013 at 4:03 am

Sometimes I eat Nutella straight from the knife, but my favorite way to eat it is to spread it on saltines or matzah.

Clare // Sep 3, 2013 at 11:52 am

In porridge!

Magi Sanchez // Dec 14, 2013 at 6:36 pm

I get walnuts mix them with nutella and put it on top of vanilla ice cream. OMG it is amazing! Everyone must try it!

Michael mont // Jan 21, 2014 at 10:55 pm

I am all types my favoite is on pretzels

Niamh // Mar 2, 2014 at 1:38 am

NUTELLA with CREAM CHEESE! swirl it around and put it on a bagel! it’s nutella flavoured cream cheese :0

Anna // Mar 2, 2014 at 1:41 am

OMG I put half a York Peppermint Patty in my Nutella sandwich the other day! It was soooooo good!!! It’s like slightly minty Nutella (like mint chocolate)