The Tour del Gelato – discovering the world’s best gelato, one lick at a time!
This is quickly becoming the definitive list of the best gelato and gelaterias in Italy! We are dedicating ourselves to finding the best gelato in Italy, in the US, and elsewhere, and we’re trying and writing up each gelateria as we come across it.
To participate, read the instructions at the bottom of this list.
Also, sign up for updates to the Tour del Gelato blogroll by subscribing to my RSS feed – http://feeds.feedburner.com/MsAdventuresinItaly or receive email updates!
In Italia (in alphabetical order by city)
Alcamo (Sicilia / Sicily)
- Bar 900 [Ms. Adventures in Italy]
Ascoli Piceno (Marche)
- Yoghi [2 Baci in a Pinon Tree]
- €uro Bar 2000 [Bleeding Espresso]
- Vertigo, Bar Betty, Le Corniche [Jeff in Puglia]
- Marrons Glacés [My Bella Vita]
Firenze – Florence (Toscana / Tuscany)
- Festival del Gelato [Jessica@Italy Travel Guide]
- Grom [Ms. Adventures in Italy]
- Vivoli [Jessica@Italy Travel Guide]
- Il Gelato Caldo di San Biagio (Hot Gelato!) [Shelley, At Home in Rome]
Gioiosa Ionica Marina (Calabria)
- Golosia[Bleeding Espresso]
Milano (Lombardia / Lombardy)
- Chocolat [Ms. Adventures in Italy]
- Choco Cult [Ms. Adventures in Italy]
- Gelateria Marghera [Ms. Adventures in Italy]
- Il Gelato [Ms. Adventures in Italy]
- Il Massimo del Gelato[Ms. Adventures in Italy]
- Pinguino Blu [Ms. Adventures in Italy]
- Bar del Belvedere [Jessica In Rome]
Padua / Padova
- Los Andes [An American in Padua]
- Frigidarium [An Expatriate in Rapallo]
Reggio Calabria (Calabria)
- Oasi del Gelato [Karen, Niente di nuovo avviene sotto il sole]
- Bar San Calisto [Shelley, At Home in Rome]
- Blue Ice [Shelley, At Home in Rome]
- Della Palma [Shelley, At Home in Rome]
- Fior di Luna [Ms. Adventures in Italy]
- Fonte Della Salute (in Italian) [Quasi Romana]
- Gelarmony [Shelley, At Home in Rome]
- Gelateria Antico Capriccio [Jessica in Rome]
- Gelateria Beautiful, De Angelis, Lanzallotto, Ristorante Pupina [La Dolce Vita]
- Gelateria CineGelà [Jessica in Rome]
- Gelateria del Teatro [Ma che ti sei mangiato…]
- San Crispino Gelateria (Pantheon location) [Ms. Adventures in Italy]
- Tiber Island [Shelley, At Home in Rome]
San Gimignano (Toscana / Tuscany)
- Gelateria di Piazza [American Girl in Italy]
Siena (Toscana / Tuscany)
- Bar Manganelli in Siena [Food Scribbles]
Torino – Turin (Piemonte / Piedmont)
Gelaterie in the United States of America
- Aglamesis Brothers [Jeff in Puglia]
- Arlecchino Phoenix, Arizona [Chow Down Phoenix]
- Cafe del Hildalgo, St. Augustine, Florida [Jenn’s Travel Close Up]
- Ciao Bella, Manhattan / NYC, New York [City Girl Lifestyle]
- Dolcezza Gelato, Washington, D.C. [City Girl Lifestyle]
- Gelateria D’Ambrosio, Seattle [Really Rome]
- Gelateria Naia, San Francisco, California [freefalling me]
- Gelato Dreaming, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida [Jenn’s Travel Close Up]
- Grom in New York City [My Melange]
- Il Laboratorio del Gelato, New York City [City Girl Lifestyle]
- Paciugo (across the U.S.) [Texas Expresso]
- Pitango, Washington, D.C. [City Girl Lifestyle]
- The Gelato Company, Gainesville, Florida [Jenn’s Travel Close Up]
- Amorino – Paris, France [My Melange]
- Giangrossi – Madrid, Spain [Rubber Slippers in Italy]
- Pozzetto – Paris, France [My Melange]
- Un Altra Volta [Buenos Aires Argentina Guide]
How to Join the Tour del Gelato
You can join the tour, too – just follow the directions below to participate, and notify me when your post is up!
Some guidelines and extras:
- The Tour del Gelato is not limited to just Italy, but please only review a gelateria or a place that claims to sell gelato (see definition here), not ice cream.
- Help others take the Tour and follow in your footsteps! Post the location address, phone number and/or website of your particular gelateria. Include any particular flavors or specialties!
- Include at least one photo of the place and/or its gelato for those of us with an optical fixation.
- You are welcome to write about a place that has already been done by someone else so we can get multiple viewpoints (and flavors!).
The quick and easy way(s) to participate!:
1. You must include a link in your post to the Tour del Gelato Blogroll – http://www.msadventuresinitaly.com/blog/tour-del-gelato-blogroll – You are free to save the Tour del Gelato icon (here to the right) and upload it to your site, placing it either in your post or on the sidebar of your website and have it point to: http://www.msadventuresinitaly.com/blog/tour-del-gelato-blogroll for the Tour del Gelato Blogroll Email me about your TDG post and I’ll update the list here!
2. Include the tag: “Tour del Gelato” and/or write “Tour del Gelato” in your post to be included in Technorati’s Tour del Gelato search.
3. (Optional) Upload your photos in the “Tour del Gelato” Flickr pool. Put your blog post URL in the comment section of your photo so those browsing the pool can find your post.
The Tour del Gelato background image was graciously lent to me by: MarioMC – Check out his other photos on Flickr!