Below are some links I recommend for those visiting and traveling to Rome! You can assume all links listed are personally endorsed without any compensation unless otherwise noted. Any sponsored links or ads will be clearly labeled as such. If I’m missing something, feel free to get in touch.
And, be sure to read all the articles I’ve written about Rome here on this site!
Eating in Rome:
I suggest checking out some of my fellow expats’ sites which are rich in information:
- Katie Parla. Her Rome city guide. All her Rome archives.
- Katie also has an app, Rome for Foodies (iPhone and Android), which has some great suggestions and doesn’t need an internet connection to work.
- Katie does tours! culinary, archeological, and art historical itineraries, as well as wine and beer tastings, too.
- Vino Roma – wine tasting & tours – I wrote about a wonderful franciacorta aperitivo there.
- Elizabeth Minchilli – her Rome restaurants archives. She also has an app for Rome as well as other cities, and she does food tours, too.
- Eleonora’s Aglio, Olio e Peperonicino has lots of information about Rome & a page about Where to eat in Rome.
- The American – lots of focus on living in Italy, but also information about food & events, too, especially In Cucina (which Eleonora contributes to frequently).
- The Breakfast Review is a review of a lot of places to get breakfast, by Italians, in Italian.
To get around Rome:
- Muoversi a Roma – in Italian. There’s also an app for iPhone and Android.
- Google Maps also gives good transit options (beware of roaming data charges).
- CarSharing in Rome.
Staying in Rome:
- Katie has a list of Where to Stay in Rome on Parla Food.
- The Beehive – a luxury hostel near the main train station.
- Cross Pollinate – a network of rentable apartments in Rome; highly recommended for small groups (4+ people) traveling together – you can get an entire apartment to yourselves.
- Airbnb in Rome – stay in a shared room, private room, or an entire apartment/house rented directly to you by the owners. Increasingly growing in popularity, so new options being added all the time.