Last year I wrote a “Plea for a Menu for Hope“ and I can’t say that anything this year has changed. I still hope that you tell everyone you know, and you support this great cause. How many other opportunities do you have to donate money and actually get a chance to get something back as a prize??
For $10 a ticket, you can enter a mini-raffle to win one of my prizes!
This year, I’m offering TWO different prizes!! One is my Italian Goodies basket (code EU07) that I’ve offered for the past two years, detailed below. The other is something new, that I’m doing with an Italian food blogger, Sara (who blogs at Kitchen Pantry in English, and Mele al Forno in Italian): Milan Walking Tour for two people (EU14).
Milan Walking Tour (EU14)
- Coming to Milan? We’ll be your guides! Start your walking tour with a classic Italian breakfast, stroll through an open-air fruit and vegetable market and then head to the historic center of Milan for a traditional Italian aperitivo with a few food lovers’ highlights on the way. Duration: 4-5 hours. Saturday only, or Sunday w/o markets. Note: Breakfast and aperitivo included for 2 people!
Italian Goodies Basket (EU07)
Here are some instructions for use for my Menu for Hope prize (EU 07) Italian Goodies Basket – some recipes and ideas to use these great products
- 1 half liter (1/2l.) of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from my private stash of Pugliese oil
- Bronte, Sicily Pistachio Cream (yes, the one from (David Lebovitz’ Pistachio Gelato and my Chocolate and Pistachio Semifreddo with Cacao Nibs)
- Bronte, Sicily (savory) Pistachio Pesto
- 100g whole Bronte Pistachios (use in recipes like Pistachio Chocolate Crinkles or Sicilian Pistachio Cookies)
- 100g ground Bronte Pistachios
- 1 Nutella Killer Organic Chocolate Hazelnut Cream (flavor of your choice)
- Spicy Chocolate & Hot Pepper Liqueur [Umbria]
- Mucci Coffee assortment of “Confetti” – chocolate covered almonds and coffee beans [Puglia]
- Sicilian Red Pesto (sundried tomatoes and almonds)
- Fillets of white tuna under oil (see last year’s basket for some ideas how to use it) [Puglia]
- 5 5 assorted flavors of Leone Pastiglie (featured in my Introduction to Italian Candy post), including the limited edition “Christmas Cookie” flavor [Piemonte]
- 1 “Spaghettata” dry herb pasta mix of garlic, oregano, parsley and hot pepper
- 1 tin “Amarelli liquirizia” pure licorice [Calabria]
- Lemon Drop candies from Sorrento [Campania]
- Pocket Coffee (5pc)
- Ferrero’s Rondnoir (4pc)
How to Bid for a Prize
- Note down one of the prize codes above, either EU07 or EU14. Or choose another prize from the list at Chez Pim, or the regional European list here at Ms. Adventures In Italy.
- Go to the donation site at First Giving and make a donation.
- Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. You must specify which prize you’d like in the ‘Personal Message’ section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU07 and 3 tickets for EU14. Please write 2xEU07, 3xEU14 and so on.
- If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
- Please allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
The last day for donations is December 24.