I’ve been very busy at work with a big project, but I took the time this weekend to upgrade my WordPress and therefore change my theme so I can use sidebar widgets. It was a bit of a mess with Yahoo! web hosting but luckily my day job served me well to get down and dirty in some of the databases and code.
Make sure you click through to my site to see my new header(s) – it randomly loads a new image every time! (It’s the small pleasures, folks!) Give me some feedback if something doesn’t work for you.
I was memed by first Beth and now Susan so I better get to it! I’m not much of a meme‘r…actually it goes way back to 1995 when email was first starting to get popular with friends – since we were unused to it I think a conspiracy started to forward 567,838 forwards and chain emails to generate traffic on the net. I have had an aversion to the letters “Fwd” from that day on.
But since I notice I have one or two visitors that are not my mom, I thought maybe you would like to know something about me other than the fact I seem to be eating all day every day!
Doing a mash-up of both memes: 5 Things that you don’t know about me, and 5 totally useless…maybe they are one and the same? :) I’ll let you decide.
- I’ve had long, curly hair all my life. Until Saturday, that is, when I cut my hair to my chin. And added bangs, another first. I keep looking in the mirror and going, who is that person? It’s going to take some getting used to. On a related note, I’m starting a petition that hot guys can’t become hairdressers. Who wants to see a pic?
- I sang in choirs for about 15 years, but so far I’ve been taking a break while living in Italy. My career highlight is messing up on Japanese national television. I love to sing, and one day, I WILL be atop a piano in a dress with a plunging neckline. In the meantime I provide entertainment for my co-workers during our coffee break.
- I also love to dance. If I’m dancing, I can stay up until all hours, with or without alcohol. My 1st-generation ipod and I have had some good times. If my co-workers get lucky and I’ve had two coffees, I throw in a rendition of The Lord of Dance for them in the break room. Salsa/merengue and techno are my favorites, R&B comes in a close second/third.
- I have a knack for remembering lyrics and melodies, which was useful in number 2. One time this guy amused himself by going through his mp3 collection and asking me to recognize/sing the songs. I was flawless until we fought over a rap song that I insisted was Ice Cube. He insisted I was wrong and informed me it was Westside Connection. The next day I showed him that Westside Connection had none other than Ice Cube as a member. Hee.
- I can’t stand to walk on wet cardboard or wet newspaper. If it’s on the sidewalk, I will jump around it or cross the street if I have to. I have no idea why, but the consistency gives me the willies.
- I can intertwine my toes. This freaked out my husband for a while when he would see me lying on the bed, legs crossed and toes crossed.
- I’m from the Garlic Capital of the World…and damn proud of it! haha. No, seriously, every year there’s a festival and I worked there for years, and now I just go back for the peppersteak sandwiches and stuffed mushrooms. And yes, one year I dressed as a garlic bulb. But I was 12, give me a break.
- A big passion of mine is reading, with fits in the food-loving side of me since I eat books. I once read Gone with the Wind on one plane ride (to Fiji). I also picked up the habit in recent years of smelling books. You know, opening the book and taking a big whiff. Of course, this has become harder with ebooks, but I try. Go ahead, try it. You know you want to.
- I have a problem with eating meat off the bone. As in, I don’t like to do it. Chicken wings? No thanks. Ribs? Ack. Chicken fingers? Good. I know I’m missing out and hopefully I’ll get over it as I can’t see upholding that one with children as the boneless varieties of meat aren’t very plentiful.
- I mentioned before I can blush furiously, but I have no problems approaching complete strangers in a non-work environment. What do you have to lose? In Hawaii, my friends dared me to go talk to some guys in a restaurant to find a place for us to go out that night. Three groups of guys later, I sat down with a guy at his booth while he was eating alone and started talking. Dares can be fun.
PS: I am not in the military. This pic relates back to Point Number 10. I have another in a Carabinieri hat.
This was hard for me, because probably the things that might be weird/interesting to someone else I probably find to be “normal” because, well, it’s me! I’m not a big tagger, so – Who else wants to reveal the weird/interesting/unknown in them?