I have realized there is NO way I’m going to be able to get to all the gelaterie in Italy by myself (although I don’t mind dying trying!).
So let’s do it together! I am sure many of you are living across the street from the best gelateria you know. So share! Share your new and old favorites, something you stumbled on, a grand opening!
I’m launching the Tour del Gelato!
The Tour del Gelato blogroll and instructions page will remain here even after this post gets old.
Some guidelines and extras:
- The Tour del Gelato is not limited to just Italy, but please only post about a gelateria or a place that claims to sell gelato (see definition here), not ice cream.
- Help others take the Tour and follow in your footsteps! Post the location address, phone number and/or website of your particular gelateria. Include any particular flavors or specialties!
- Include at least one photo of the place and/or its gelato for those of us with an optical fixation.
- You are welcome to write about a place that has already been done by someone else so we can get multiple viewpoints (and flavors!).
If we each do one a month, we’ll cover the globe in no time!
1. Save the Tour del Gelato icon (here to the right) and upload it to your site, placing it either in your post or on the sidebar of your website and have it point to: http://www.msadventuresinitaly.com/blog/tour-del-gelato-blogroll for the Tour del Gelato Blogroll Email me about your TDG post and I’ll update the list here!
2. Include the tag: “Tour del Gelato” and/or write “Tour del Gelato” in your post to be included in Technorati’s Tour del Gelato search.
3. (Optional) Upload your photos in the “Tour del Gelato” Flickr pool. Put your blog post URL in the comment section of your photo so those browsing the pool can find your post.
I’m calling out or “tagging” everyone on this and I challenge you to post your first Tour del Gelato stop by December 15th!! Email me blog(at)sararosso(.)com when your post is up!
Sara, Gia, Cyndi, Shelley, Jackie (and Corrie!), Tania, Rowena, Beth, Arlene, Annika, Tracie, Melinda, Tina, Rachel, Nikki, Yael, Avery, Ivonne, Ilva and anyone else who needs an excuse to jump on the bandwagon and post about everybody’s favorite, GELATO!
I’m expecting some good finds so I can expand my ever-growing list of favorite gelaterias!